A new workshop, “Navigating Health Care Directives,” is now available for presentation at your church. For more information on how to schedule a workshop, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at (407) 880-8700.
1. “Navigating Health Care Directives”
This two-hour workshop will cover the various documents you may need, their purpose, and importance from the perspective of a Christian Scientist. A brief outline is shown below. [Click here] for a more detailed outline.
- Understanding the need – “Unself” the purpose
- Understanding the law
- Preparing for the conversation (where you are asking for help)
- Preparing for the conversation (where you see the need for help)
- You know what needs to be done. What next?
- Follow-up, Maintenance, and Revocations
2. “The Art of Visiting”
We will discuss several different scenarios whereby you might be conducting a visit and the approaches you might use (e.g. home visit, institutional visit, spontaneous visit, etc.).
- The Offer to Visit
- Pre-visit preparation
- Conducting the visit
- Post-visit Considerations
3. “Christian Science Nursing and Caregiving”
- The metaphysical foundation for caring for others
- What Christian Science nurses do
- What Christian Science nurses do not do
- Practical ways to assist others who need care